Banquet and Auction - June 10, 2016, 6:30 pm
Join us for our banquet and auction featuring both a live and silent auction. In previous years there have been vacation houses, fine art, unique experiences, fishing gear, and services from a variety of local establishments. Tickets are $20 and you can buy them on Sunday mornings or at the door.
Bidding on Auction Items
All bidding for the silent auction is done through text messaging. You can sign up and start bidding now by visiting qtego.net/qlink/wearestandrews. You can also view the items currently available by simply visiting the site.
How Bidding Works at the Auction
- If you have not already registered, you may register when you arrive. Representatives will be on hand to help you with the initial steps.
- Items available will be on display in the meeting hall and all items will have an item number.
- To place a bid, you'll simply send a text message consisting of the item number and bid amount to the number provided.
- Should you be outbid, you will receive a text message
- Reply to the message to place a new bid
If you don't care to use your phone to place bids, representatives will be on hand throughout the evening to place bids on your behalf.
Donating Auction Items
We are seeking great auction items again this year. If you have an item to donate, please complete this form and bring it with the item to the church or you may email the item information to Maddy Donaldson at MDonaldson@WeAreStAndrews.com.
Fishin' Tournament - June 4, 2016
Join us for our annual Charleston inshore fishing tournament from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. $90 per boat. Boundaries are Charleston County areas only accessible by boat. $250 awards go to highest aggregate weight and individual species weight. Qualified fish include sheepshead, flounder, trout and redfish. Check-in is from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. at Toler’s Cove Marina.
To register, complete this form and mail with a $90 check to St. Andrew’s Church, or
The History of Fishin' for a Mission
In 2005, several people at St. Andrew’s Church who had traveled to developing countries came together to discuss their recent trips. They all sensed the same longing to share their stories with their neighbors. Out of their desire to tell about what God was doing around the world, the Fishin’ for a Mission tournament was born.
Every year, St. Andrew's hosts a Fishing Tournament along with a Banquet and Auction which benefit our International Missions Partners. All of the money raised goes overseas; the administrative costs of the event are borne by the church.
The Work of Fishin' for a Mission
Over $790,000 has been raised by Fishin' for a Mission (F4M) since its inception. The money raised by F4M has been used to:
- Build and support a school serving over 400 students in Brewerville, Liberia. The children at the school were born in a refugee camp established by the United Nations in the town of Brewerville as a result of the Liberian civil war.
- Build homes and schools in Honduras for orphans and provided various types of training to children coming from the streets.
- Help fund, in Rwanda, a primary school, a medical clinic, a water treatment plant, and a small-scale hydroelectric dam.
- Help build a guest house and conference center in Burundi which will help fund additional work in that country as well as provide jobs for the local population.
- Partner with OneWorld Health In Uganda, to begin a ministry there that included building a medical clinic in Masindi, in the middle of a region inundated with both IDPs and refugees from South Sudan. A second clinic has been established in Nicaragua.